Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Prayer

This morning I realized I needed to take more time to pray.  There were a lot of little things that had been bothering me that I just needed to work through with the Lord.  I knew they weren't big issues, and yet, I had never took time to pray through each one and put them into perspective.  Yes, I had been praying, but not enough.  I needed over an hour to really pray through everything that was on my mind.

As I brought every little thing before the Lord, wrote in my prayer journal, and thought of Bible verses that applied to things I was dealing with, peace came.  God was answering my prayer by helping me put the little things in perspective, and really focus on what was the big issue - I hadn't been focusing on Jesus enough, I had been focusing on self!

As I concluded my time in prayer, I had to bring up one more little thing.  I admit, I'm not the most organized person.  It bothers me greatly when I get unorganized, I strive for perfect organization, and yet, it's not something that comes naturally for me.  I had lost a little pink pad of sticky notes.  On the pad of paper I had written a name of someone I needed to call to invite to the evangelistic meetings coming up.  As I prayed that God would help me find the sticky note, I thought to myself, "This will take more than just praying!  How naïve to think I can just pray about something.  I need to stop praying and search everywhere for the paper I've lost!"  No sooner had this thought slipped through my mind, my eyes glanced away from my prayer journal, an my hand picked up the little pad of paper I had been missing!  The paper had been right in front of me on my desk the whole time I had been praying, I just hadn't thought seen it until I prayed for it!  The moment I prayed I would find it, God showed me it was right there in front of me!

Yes, God asks us to work, God asks us to be diligent, and yet, how often is the answer to our prayer so much easier than we think it is!  Our problems are nothing to God!  In my prayer time, I was also praying for some "big" things too, some things I probably won't get answers to for years, and yet, those things are easy for God to answer too!  Just like God knew where my pad of paper was, He also has a plan for my future!  He is already working out an answer to all my prayers!  God knows the end from the beginning, and at the moment we pray, He is already answering our prayers and working out all things in our future according to His purpose!  Praise His name!



No comments:

Post a Comment