Monday, July 7, 2014

"Let the Little Children Come"

I had been knocking on doors all afternoon, and was about to go home for the evening, when I saw a group of little girls sitting together in a circle.  "Will you read the Bible to us?" they asked, as I walked toward them.  "Of course!"  I replied.  I ran to grab the Bible out of my car and give and make a quick decision of what Bible study to use for little kids.

The Bible study was a simple one on God's Word, and how to have a relationship with Him.  As we began the study one of the little girls said, "I love true and false questions!"  I breathed a silent prayer of thanksgiving that I had had this study guide with me!  As we continued the Bible study, the children had lots of questions.  "Is the Holy Spirit that little tingling you get sometimes when you are about to do something wrong your mom told you not to?  The eleven year old little boy asks me during the study.  "Why do people worship other gods?  Didn't God create the world?"  As I answered their questions, I told them how the Holy Spirit leads in our life.  "He brought me to share the Bible with you," I said to them.  "Wow that's so cool!"  They answered.  One young girl particularly stood out to me, her questions were a little deeper. What if you read the Bible but it doesn't seem to work for you?  As we talked more I realized that she was working through hurts and fears.  It was such a privilege to share with her how she is beautiful to Jesus, and she can trust Him, as well as forgive the person who has bullied her.

Several of the children in the Bible study came from broken families.  For once, instead of just hurting for them, I was actually able to do something that brought joy to my heart, and light to their lives.  Oh how I love those children, as I write this I can't help but keep back the tears.  I want each of those children in Heaven!  I want them to find in Jesus the One Who can heal their big hurts, their little hurts, and their insecurities.  I want them to see that they are valuable to Jesus!  I want them to hear Him calling at the door of His heart.

As I left that first Bible study with the children I thought of the promise which says "Delight thyself also in the Lord; and He shall give you the desires of your hearts."  Psalm 37:4.  I love children and I love teaching them about Jesus and the Bible.  This experience was an object lesson about God's leading.  When I let God lead in my life, and my desires are in line with God's heart, He will give me what I will love most in my life!  He knows ultimately what gives me the greatest joy and what fills my heart!  He knows what I really need!  What I needed yesterday was children to share God's love with, because when your heart is full of God's love you won't help but want to share it with others!

No comments:

Post a Comment