Saturday, November 14, 2015

My Yoke is Easy

A week ago Sabbath, I brought a lady to church for the first time - after only giving her one Bible study.  I've never done that before.

One of the verses we read in our Bible study together was John 15:15; "Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you."  I asked her, what type of relationship does Jesus want to have with us?  She had to read the verse again.  "Not servants...Oh, wow!  Friends!  I really like that."  All through the Bible study she kept saying things like, "Wow, this is awesome!  I'm actually starting to understand the Bible."

I learned a lot about her in that first visit.  She hasn't had an easy life!  She didn't grow up in church.  She's been reading through the Bible on her own - she started in the beginning with Genesis!  She told me she wanted to go to a church that has a good Bible study, so I had to invite her.  I felt like I needed to pray that she would actually come to church.  So I did.  When I called her the next morning to make sure she was expecting me, she still wanted to come.  I breathed a sigh of relief.  When I picked her up she told me she had been a little afraid to come with me, but she figured that that was just Satan trying to discourage her.  Prayer is powerful!  I need to pray more often!  The Bible does say "pray without ceasing", doesn't it?
Next, I was hoping she would have a good experience.  It's a big church and she's a shy person - so yeah, I was a little nervous.  Reasonable, right?  At the end of the service she told me she had never been with such nice, friendly people - who smiled so much!!!!  Oh me of little faith!  And in case you've ever wondered - Yes, your smile can make a difference!

This morning on our way to church I asked her how her week was.  "It was better", she told me.  "I'm starting to worry less.  I believe Jesus is taking my load off me. The peace I have now is so wonderful!  I've never had it before!"

What a powerful testimony this dear lady had just shared with me of what Jesus can do in our lives!

Jesus says:  "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."   (Matthew 11:28-30).

Jesus says:  "The harvest truly is plenteous, but the laborers are few; Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that He will send forth laborers into his harvest."  (Matthew 9:37-38).

Share Jesus with someone today!  It can change their life!  And it might just change the direction of your life in the process!

What more can I say???

No comments:

Post a Comment