Saturday, September 1, 2012




This is one of my favorite testimonies from canvassing in Dayton/Kettering Ohio area this summer!  God blessed with so many wonderful experiences!!

A Modern Day Woman at the Well

June 11~~It was mid-afternoon and many books had been going out in the town we were working in.  When I was picked up from the street I had been canvassing, I noticed that almost everyone else who was canvasing was in the van too, I wondered why. Our leader told us that we had to move to a different town to work because the Chief of Police had asked us to leave town. As we were driving to our next territory, I began to pray for Divine appointments.  I knew that the Lord would not lead us into a different town unless He had a purpose. I remembered the verse that says “All things work together for good to them that love God, to them that are called according to His purpose.” Romans 8:28.
It was nearing the end of the day when I met a very nice lady.  She told me that she did not cook at all and handed me back the cookbook.  I said, “Okay, that’s fine; I have something better!” and proceeded to canvass her on the the message books (the spiritual books).  In our conversation she asked what religion I was, and I told her that I was a Seventh-day Adventist.  She said, “Oh, I have some Adventist friends, and I have even been to an Adventist church before.” “I liked going to that church,” she continued, “I could handle it because I could back up everything they said from the Bible.”  “You know denominations don’t matter as long as we are all Christians and following the Bible.”  After showing her a couple books she asked me, “So, I’m curious; what others do you have?”  That is just the question I love to hear!  So I showed her all five message books I had, she liked all the books a lot.  And she said, “Well, hum, which one can I live without.  I only have $40.00.”  So I told her that I would leave her all five books for $40.00. “Okay, I’m greedy so I will take them all if you’re sure you can do that without getting in trouble.”  I assured her that I was happy to leave all the books with her.  As she was getting the money out of her car she said, “It is interesting that you came today. If you would have come yesterday, I would not have had the money but the Lord sent me an unexpected blessing.”  I told her that we had not planned to come to that town, but she was an answer to my prayer.  She told me that I had been the highlight of her day.  
Before I left I was able to sign her up for correspondence Bible studies because she is very busy with her local church teaching Sunday school and doing bible studies and other activities.  I had a prayer with her, and she assured me that even if no one else bought a book in the entire neighborhood that the books would have an impact on many people because she would be using them and sharing them with her friends and neighbors. 
As I was getting ready leave, I asked her for water because it was a hot day. She said she was going to offer me water before I left.  It was so inspiring to see how God arranges Divine appointments!  And there are definitely still modern day women at the well who are hungering for the truth and will share it with everyone they know as soon as they receive it!

No comments:

Post a Comment