Thursday, May 14, 2015

Look Deeper

Will you look beyond what I'm saying, and take time to understand what I really mean?

Do you see through my frustrations to what is really etching at my heart?

Can you see that my questions really are a key to my heart, rather than something that I need answered?

Will you choose to look beyond the craziness of my life, and see where I'm actually going, the goals I'm pursuing, and the values I cling to when I look like I'm a mess?

Will you choose to look a little deeper?  Because I'm not ready to be perfectly honest about everything I'm holding inside.

They say I'm an extravert, but do you realize I really don't say all that is on my mind?  While I love connecting with people, sometimes I need someone to pull me out of myself.  I love meeting new people, but I value quality friendships over quantity.

You've always understood me more than I'd like to admit, but what would you say if I told you what I really want is to understand, rather than to be understood?  I want to understand you too, but I really don't know where to begin.

Can you take a moment to look beyond the facts that others see, the me that's on the surface, the person everyone knows?  Will you look a little deeper and find what I'm trying to hide, because it's deeper than what people think.

No comments:

Post a Comment