Wednesday, May 13, 2015

True Friendship

When you are accepted for who you are instead of being questioned “why”, or asked to explain yourself…

When you’re told, “I understand” and you know they really mean it and you don’t have to doubt….
When you’re given room to grow, but know they’re there for you when you need an encouraging word, or advice no one else can give in quite that way….


When you’re appreciated for the little things, and thanked when you don’t have to be….
When you say goodbye and your heart is still with those you’re leaving or those who are leaving you….

When someone else speaks the thoughts on your mind….You know you have somehow come across a treasure you never asked for you, you never deserved….a treasure that makes life better, but more difficult too….

It’s something to value, something I sometimes want to run from because I don’t feel good enough, yet something that touches my heart deeper than words can express....This is the treasure of true friendship. Something to value, something you never deserve.
 

Sometimes I’m tempted to run away from it, because of my independent spirit, but when I’m alone I know a part of myself is missing because life is always better when shared with true friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment