Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Lead Me

I was on my way back to the dorm from vising a dear friend who was staying an hour and a half away from Southern.  I stopped at a gas station to get gas, and decided to get a snack.  It had been over 6 hours since lunch, and it was a long trip back, so, no big deal....

As I opened my eyes from praying that God would bless the "food", and give me a safe trip back, I couldn't help but wonder, "Can God really bless what I'm eating?"  Junk food?  Needless to say, I didn't fully enjoy the snack.  The Pringles were way too salty, so I didn't eat too many, I decided that the granola nut bar had too much sugar, so I didn't eat it.  All that left was trail mix, I'm so glad I decided to get that!

As I thought about it, I couldn't help but wonder, how often do I do the same thing in my life?  I make my own plans, my own choices, and then ask God to bless them, instead of letting Him guide me fully in all my decisions!  Do my prayers take on this type of format? "Dear God, please bless my plans to the usefulness of my life of service to You, be with me and keep me safe in the journey of life. Amen."  How often do I have my "meal" all planned?  I know what type of mission or ministry I want to work in, what type of person I would like to marry, etc., etc.  But without following God's plans for me, the end results of my own decisions will ultimately just leave a bad taste in my mouth!

With all the promises of God's Word, it shouldn't be hard to truly trust Him to fully lead in my life!

" 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.' "  
-Jeremiah 29:11

"I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye."  
-Psalm 32:8

And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying This is the way, walk ye in it,when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left."  
-Isaiah 30:21

"Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in Thy presence is fulness of joy; at Thy right hand there are pleasures for ever more."  
-Psalm 16:11

May my prayer ever be: "Lead me in Thy truth, and teach me: for Thou art the God of my salvation; on Thee do I wait all the day"!  
-Psalm 25:5


No comments:

Post a Comment