Sunday, January 26, 2014

iWitness

Yesterday afternoon I had the opportunity to go out in the community to do surveys to see what people are interested in and to generate Bible study interests.  We also took a little "Steps to Christ" with us to give to those we met who were interested in spiritual things.  It was a great witnessing opportunity, a nice way to spend a good portion of Sabbath afternoon!  Because I am evolved with iWitness (a Bible worker's club on campus), I took the left over Steps to Christ with me to keep in my room till the next outreach, or so I thought....

"Do you want to go to China Kitchen with me for lunch?"  I asked my roommate.  "I would like to get a hot lunch with some vegetables."  "Sure", she replied, "but what about 4 Corners Cafe?"  "We can go there if you would like, I might still go to China Kitchen though, it's right next door," I said.

As I got ready to go I decided to take a different purse (don't ask me why) that had more room in it.  As I put my wallet into the other purse, I was impressed to put in a Steps to Christ (it fit nicely but wouldn't have fit in my other little purse).  I didn't know exactly why I was taking it, but I was just impressed that perhaps someone at China Kitchen might need it.

As we looked at the menu at 4 Corners, I decided I didn't want to get any food there, so I went to China Kitchen.  As I was waiting for my order, I overheard a spiritual conversation, I couldn't tell if the three men had just come back from church or not.  I decided I would go and sit in.

There were two "older" men as well as one man probably in his mid-twenties.  One of the men pulled up a chair for me, and we began to talk.  One man was an Adventist, the other was apparently his friend a non-Adventist, but a nice christian man.  The young man was visiting from New York!  The friend said "he's my nephew, we are trying to straighten him out."  We had a nice conversation together, my room mate joined as well.  I left the younger man a Steps to Christ, his Uncle said, "He needs to get saved!"

I hope that he will read the book see Jesus in a way that He has never seen him before and becomes converted!

This afternoon was a needed reminder to me that witnessing is not just to be something we talk about in church, not just an outreach activity to plan for, not a club or an event....but, the way we live our lives!

"Ye are my witnesses; saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me."  - Isaiah 43:10



No comments:

Post a Comment